• Want to cater for the 24 million people who eat ‘free from’?
• Struggling to get to grips with the 2014 Food Information Regulations?
• Need ideas for producing gluten-free, dairy-free and other allergen free meals – safely and deliciously?
In this fully revised and updated new book, launched this month, and available for the first time as an ebook, leading ‘free from’ expert and FreeFrom Eating Out Awards Director Michelle Berriedale-Johnson outlines everything caterers, chefs, restaurateurs and other food service providers need to know to boost their food offering to diners on any restricted diet.
The ebook includes sections on:
* what food allergies and intolerances are;
* preventing cross-contamination;
* law and liabilities;
* the 14 major allergens;
* allergy risk areas in the kitchen;
* alternative ‘free from’ ingredients and products;
* … and much more besides – including a resources section!
The Allergy Catering Manual is the ideal primer for any caterer who is serious about tapping into the ever-increasing and discerning ‘free from’ market.
Michelle Berriedale-Johnson has been a caterer, food manufacturer and now edits and runs the FoodsMatter.com website for people with food sensitivities, coeliac disease and other health conditions. She is the director of the FreeFrom Food and FreeFrom Eating Out Awards and is a regular speaker and commentator on all matters ‘free from’.
The Allergy Catering Manual is available via Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), priced at £5.99. ASIN: B01D3UME3E
* For more information contact Michelle
For reviews, see here:
FreeFrom (April 2016)